Aeromodelling is the activity involving design, development various innovative model of flying small air vehicles in the sky. Aeromodelling is a very exciting and interesting way to learn, provides opportunity to understand the principles of physics and real time applications of engineering domains such as, electrical, aeronautical, mechanical, instrumentation.
Aeromodelling generally involves small sized flying objects like static models, Radio Controlled Aircraft (RC Aircraft), Gliders, Rubber powered aero models, quad copters, Boomerangs and Paper Planes. Although aero modelling looks like a lot of Aerospace/ Aeronautical engineering topic, it involves a lot of interdisciplinary concepts from various streams of engineering - primarily Aerospace/ Aeronautical, Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical and Computer Science. Aeromodelling gives a good understanding of the roles each of these engineering skills play in real aircraft industry and provides enormous opportunities to develop innovative thinking and implementation. While designing an aero model is highly based on engineering principles, flying part of Aero modelling is also considered to be an inexpensive hobby and sport.
- Design, Build & Test your first Aircraft from scratch!
- Learn all the introductory concepts of aeronautical engineering through aero-modelling
- Introduction to Design Algorithm of an aircraft.
- Learn about Stability and Control of Drones.
- Hands-on experience on the electronic and electrical instrumentation of an RC aircraft
- Hands-on experience on DC motors, ESCs (Electronic Speed Controllers) and Quadcopter Embedded control board.